How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
With over 1.1 million followers, Lil Miquela is unequivocally the most renowned CGI influencer on Instagram. As such, she could command upward of $10,000 per post, though she claims to not have made any money — despite collaborating with high-end brands, including Prada, on some posts.
Because we are fans of Instagram, making money, and general internet nonsense, we were curious whether it was possible to grow our own CGI influencer and, in the process, hijack Lil Miquela.
So we pitted an unsuspecting motion-graphics artist, with no experience in character design, against the task of creating our own Lil Miquela in 48 hours. Here’s what happened.
- How Do I Keep Things Sexy in a Long-Distance Relationship? | Sex Probz
- I’m Disabled. How Can I Improve My Sex Life? | Sex Probz
- Bobby Berk on the Power of Good Design, Queer Eye, and What’s Next
- The Creators and Stars of Hulu’s ‘Pen 15’ on Trusting Their Instincts
- Natasha Lyonne on How to Rise in Your Career
- A Day in the Life of 8 Successful Women
- Snooki’s Guide to Social Media
- The Most Petty Moments During Michael Cohen’s Testimony
- This Body-Paint Artist Transforms People (& Ariana Grande) Into 2-D Paintings
- Beyond ‘The One’: Exploring Modern Polyamory
- These Plus-Sized Yogis Made Yoga Their Own
- Will Rainbow-Colored Teeth Ever Become a Thing?
- 17 Awkward References to Colton Underwood’s Virginity
- Radical Beauty: The Beard Society of New Jersey Is Hairy AF
- What It’s Like to be Addicted to Sex and Porn
- What It’s Like to Have a Body That’s Literally Falling Apart
- Radical Beauty: Meet the Living Dolls of NYC
- The 10-Year-Old Lifting More Than Her Body Weight
- What It’s Like to See 100 Million Colors
- Mrs. Claus Is Coming to Town