How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
With over 1.1 million followers, Lil Miquela is unequivocally the most renowned CGI influencer on Instagram. As such, she could command upward of $10,000 per post, though she claims to not have made any money — despite collaborating with high-end brands, including Prada, on some posts.
Because we are fans of Instagram, making money, and general internet nonsense, we were curious whether it was possible to grow our own CGI influencer and, in the process, hijack Lil Miquela.
So we pitted an unsuspecting motion-graphics artist, with no experience in character design, against the task of creating our own Lil Miquela in 48 hours. Here’s what happened.
- Weruche Opia Wants Everyone’s Story Told
- Your Favorite Auntie is Here to Help
- Finding Style Inspiration in the Everyday
- Love in the Time of Quarantine
- What We Know About COVID-19 and Pregnancy
- How Three Pregnant Women Are Responding to COVID-19
- Advice from Italian Parents on Lockdown
- How West Side Story’s Shereen Pimentel Gets It Done
- Inside Athena Calderone’s Elegant Brooklyn Brownstone
- How Comedian Jo Firestone Gets It Done
- Inside Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney’s Long Island Art Studio
- How New Yorker Illustrator Liana Finck Gets It Done
- Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan Reveal Their Whimsical Greenwich Village Home
- Inside Kelly Behun’s Mesmerizing Apartment in the Clouds
- Inside One of the Last Bohemian Homes in Hotel Chelsea
- How Iliza Shlesinger Gets It Done
- How Hadestown’s Eva Noblezada Gets It Done
- 4 Women at the Top of Their Fields on How They Get It Done
- How The Daily Show’s Dulcé Sloan Gets It Done
- How Rachel Zoe Gets It Done