These Incredible Sculptures Are Breathing Because They Are Dogs
If the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show had a more freewheeling, hair-dying, loud, and eccentric sibling, it’d be the Intergroom international grooming conference, held once yearly in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Extreme makeovers, lip-sync challenges, and “style and couture runway walk” are just a few of the contests available to the intrepid handlers and their dogs, many of whom travel across the country, and in some cases the world, to attend.
We followed New Jersey native Milena Kon and her dog, Soleil — a standard poodle who, because of a chipped tooth, wasn’t allowed to fraternize with the likes of standard poodles in a Westminster show ring — to see how their wild Africa-themed look came together and, more importantly, whether the two could take Best in Show.
- How Do I Keep Things Sexy in a Long-Distance Relationship? | Sex Probz
- I’m Disabled. How Can I Improve My Sex Life? | Sex Probz
- Bobby Berk on the Power of Good Design, Queer Eye, and What’s Next
- The Creators and Stars of Hulu’s ‘Pen 15’ on Trusting Their Instincts
- Natasha Lyonne on How to Rise in Your Career
- A Day in the Life of 8 Successful Women
- Snooki’s Guide to Social Media
- The Most Petty Moments During Michael Cohen’s Testimony
- This Body-Paint Artist Transforms People (& Ariana Grande) Into 2-D Paintings
- Beyond ‘The One’: Exploring Modern Polyamory
- These Plus-Sized Yogis Made Yoga Their Own
- Will Rainbow-Colored Teeth Ever Become a Thing?
- 17 Awkward References to Colton Underwood’s Virginity
- Radical Beauty: The Beard Society of New Jersey Is Hairy AF
- What It’s Like to be Addicted to Sex and Porn
- What It’s Like to Have a Body That’s Literally Falling Apart
- Radical Beauty: Meet the Living Dolls of NYC
- The 10-Year-Old Lifting More Than Her Body Weight
- What It’s Like to See 100 Million Colors
- Mrs. Claus Is Coming to Town