These Incredible Sculptures Are Breathing Because They Are Dogs
If the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show had a more freewheeling, hair-dying, loud, and eccentric sibling, it’d be the Intergroom international grooming conference, held once yearly in Secaucus, New Jersey.
Extreme makeovers, lip-sync challenges, and “style and couture runway walk” are just a few of the contests available to the intrepid handlers and their dogs, many of whom travel across the country, and in some cases the world, to attend.
We followed New Jersey native Milena Kon and her dog, Soleil — a standard poodle who, because of a chipped tooth, wasn’t allowed to fraternize with the likes of standard poodles in a Westminster show ring — to see how their wild Africa-themed look came together and, more importantly, whether the two could take Best in Show.
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat
- What Would You Wear to Meet God?
- How Women Filmmakers Get It Done
- What Does It Take To Be a Duchess? Inside a Royal Etiquette Class
- The 7 Most Outspoken Women About Equal Pay in Hollywood
- How to Apply Mascara: 14 Ways in Two Minutes
- Men Describe Stills From Janelle Monáe’s ‘Pynk’ Music Video
- Macron’s State Visit With Trump Was a Film Noir Romance
- Get Ultra-Colorful Smoky Eyes With Tom Ford’s Extrême Collection
- What Exactly Is Going On With Donald and Melania Trump’s Body Language?
- As One: Making the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Yearbook
- ‘How I Get It Done’ Panelists Share Their Secrets to Success
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Engagement Chicken
- This 9-Year-Old Hair Model Has a Message for Other Girls
- A Face Without Eyebrows Is a World of Possibility
- Meet the Greek-Cypriot Model Owning Her Unibrow, Named Veronica
- Meet the Fragrance Professional Whose Perfect Hair Is a Statement of Success