The 10-Year-Old Lifting More Than Her Body Weight
Celeste Godinez might look small, but she is mighty. Celeste has always been an active girl; she loves cheerleading and dance, and used to compete with cheer clubs near her home in Texas. Her desire to excel in these competitions was what originally led her to powerlifting. Celeste was struggling to learn a back walkover for a cheer routine when her aunt suggested that she try a kids CrossFit camp to strengthen her core. Once she was a member of the gym, she fell in love with weightlifting. Eventually, her love for lifting eclipsed cheerleading, and she quit the team to focus on weight training. Celeste’s mom even credits working out with helping her through difficulties with her health, and knows that Celeste has what it takes to achieve her goals of making it to Powerlifting Team USA, and competing in the CrossFit games (all before becoming a veterinarian, of course).
- The 100-Year-Old Hidden Castle Tower in NYC Where AMC’s CEO Lets Down His Hair
- Inside a Design Icon’s Colonial Castle Where Snow White’s Dwarfs May Have Died
- This Artist Bends Neon Into Life-Size Sculptures of Wicked Women
- This Japanese Artist’s Rope-Bondage Performance Straddles S&M and Art
- This Artist Stocked an Entire Supermarket With 31,000 Felt Sculptures
- Inside Aelfie’s Eclectic Williamsburg Loft
- The Horniest Vibrator Scenes From Film and TV
- If You Like Black, White, and Minimalism, You’ll Love this Tribeca Loft
- This Artist’s Giant Yarn Sculptures Explode With Color
- This Artist Sculpts Human & Animal Blood Into Striking Works of Art
- How Likely Are You to Get Skin Cancer?
- The Most Important Thing to Pack for Labor Day
- Interior Lives: This Upper East Side Apartment Is a Living Work of Art
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?
- 6 Moms on Motherhood Through the Years
- The Grimes Guide to Space Travel
- How We Made Our Own CGI Influencer in 48 Hours
- Milena and the Technicolor Dog Coat