Beyond ‘The One’: Exploring Modern Polyamory
In 2019, who gets to define love?
According to a growing number of Americans, love today means not limiting yourself — or your partner — to just one. Polyamory, or the practice of intimate relationships with more than one partner is on the rise.
A 2016 national poll found that 31 percent of women and 38 percent of men thought their ideal relationship would include some form of consensual non-monogamy. But despite this interest, polyamory is still very much stigmatized. Beyond “The One”: Exploring Modern Polyamory is a short documentary that uncovers American ideals of love and partnership by following individuals who dare to live outside our romantic norms.
In this video we follow two women, author Sophie Lucido Johnson and YouTuber Sharon Rosenberg, as they practice polyamory and in so doing, challenge what it means to find “The One.”
- How Do I Keep Things Sexy in a Long-Distance Relationship? | Sex Probz
- I’m Disabled. How Can I Improve My Sex Life? | Sex Probz
- Bobby Berk on the Power of Good Design, Queer Eye, and What’s Next
- The Creators and Stars of Hulu’s ‘Pen 15’ on Trusting Their Instincts
- Natasha Lyonne on How to Rise in Your Career
- A Day in the Life of 8 Successful Women
- Snooki’s Guide to Social Media
- The Most Petty Moments During Michael Cohen’s Testimony
- This Body-Paint Artist Transforms People (& Ariana Grande) Into 2-D Paintings
- Beyond ‘The One’: Exploring Modern Polyamory
- These Plus-Sized Yogis Made Yoga Their Own
- Will Rainbow-Colored Teeth Ever Become a Thing?
- 17 Awkward References to Colton Underwood’s Virginity
- Radical Beauty: The Beard Society of New Jersey Is Hairy AF
- What It’s Like to be Addicted to Sex and Porn
- What It’s Like to Have a Body That’s Literally Falling Apart
- Radical Beauty: Meet the Living Dolls of NYC
- The 10-Year-Old Lifting More Than Her Body Weight
- What It’s Like to See 100 Million Colors
- Mrs. Claus Is Coming to Town