Beyond ‘The One’: Exploring Modern Polyamory
In 2019, who gets to define love?
According to a growing number of Americans, love today means not limiting yourself — or your partner — to just one. Polyamory, or the practice of intimate relationships with more than one partner is on the rise.
A 2016 national poll found that 31 percent of women and 38 percent of men thought their ideal relationship would include some form of consensual non-monogamy. But despite this interest, polyamory is still very much stigmatized. Beyond “The One”: Exploring Modern Polyamory is a short documentary that uncovers American ideals of love and partnership by following individuals who dare to live outside our romantic norms.
In this video we follow two women, author Sophie Lucido Johnson and YouTuber Sharon Rosenberg, as they practice polyamory and in so doing, challenge what it means to find “The One.”
- Jill Kargman Is Aroused by Her Wallpaper
- This Cobble Hill Townhouse Has a Two-Story Bookshelf, Moon Light, Climbing Wall
- The Subtle Lip Stain Our Beauty Director Loves
- Gloria Vanderbilt Reveals the Inside of Her Upper East Side Home
- The 100-Year-Old Hidden Castle Tower in NYC Where AMC’s CEO Lets Down His Hair
- Inside a Design Icon’s Colonial Castle Where Snow White’s Dwarfs May Have Died
- This Artist Bends Neon Into Life-Size Sculptures of Wicked Women
- This Japanese Artist’s Rope-Bondage Performance Straddles S&M and Art
- This Artist Stocked an Entire Supermarket With 31,000 Felt Sculptures
- Inside Aelfie’s Eclectic Williamsburg Loft
- The Horniest Vibrator Scenes From Film and TV
- If You Like Black, White, and Minimalism, You’ll Love this Tribeca Loft
- This Artist’s Giant Yarn Sculptures Explode With Color
- This Artist Sculpts Human & Animal Blood Into Striking Works of Art
- How Likely Are You to Get Skin Cancer?
- The Most Important Thing to Pack for Labor Day
- Interior Lives: This Upper East Side Apartment Is a Living Work of Art
- How Parkland Survivors and Chicago Youth Are Uniting to End Gun Violence
- What It’s Like: My 30-Year Struggle With Antidepressants
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Lobster Lady?