This Body-Paint Artist Transforms People (Including Ariana Grande) Into 2-D Paintings
Alexa Meade is an artist who turns the traditional notion of art on its head — instead of capturing the real world on a flat canvas, the real world is her canvas. Through detailed, trompe l’oeil brush-work painted directly on humans or objects, Meade transforms the three-dimensional world into a two-dimensional one.
While her art has sent her all around the world, Meade made headlines recently for painting Ariana Grande in her God Is a Woman music video.
The Cut met up with the artist to find out more about her process, the ungodly amount of paint she goes through, and what it’s like to toggle between the 2-D and 3-D worlds.
- How Do I Keep Things Sexy in a Long-Distance Relationship? | Sex Probz
- I’m Disabled. How Can I Improve My Sex Life? | Sex Probz
- Bobby Berk on the Power of Good Design, Queer Eye, and What’s Next
- The Creators and Stars of Hulu’s ‘Pen 15’ on Trusting Their Instincts
- Natasha Lyonne on How to Rise in Your Career
- A Day in the Life of 8 Successful Women
- Snooki’s Guide to Social Media
- The Most Petty Moments During Michael Cohen’s Testimony
- This Body-Paint Artist Transforms People (& Ariana Grande) Into 2-D Paintings
- Beyond ‘The One’: Exploring Modern Polyamory
- These Plus-Sized Yogis Made Yoga Their Own
- Will Rainbow-Colored Teeth Ever Become a Thing?
- 17 Awkward References to Colton Underwood’s Virginity
- Radical Beauty: The Beard Society of New Jersey Is Hairy AF
- What It’s Like to be Addicted to Sex and Porn
- What It’s Like to Have a Body That’s Literally Falling Apart
- Radical Beauty: Meet the Living Dolls of NYC
- The 10-Year-Old Lifting More Than Her Body Weight
- What It’s Like to See 100 Million Colors
- Mrs. Claus Is Coming to Town