Raquel Zimmermann Is Friday’s Top Model
It’s day three of the model walk-off and things are getting heated. Missy Rayder gets an honorable mention for one helluva comeback, popping up in the amazing Proenza show. Let’s hear it for the Americans! But top honors go to Brazilian stunner Raquel Zimmerman, whose first opening show this season was also at Proenza. Jack and Lazaro know how to pick them. We can’t argue with that.
three is a trend
Now Entering ‘Hattytown’
Marc Jacobs may have wowed the crowds with his beautiful fedoras, but a more wearable option for fall is the bucket hat. Max Azria paired his hats with dresses, belted tunics, and skirts, all worn over tights. Abaete’s were more mod than flapper, topping a sunglass-sporting model in a turtleneck dress. Proenza Schouler used them in every look, from fur-trimmed coats to belted sweaterdresses. If you can’t afford the clothes, represent with a hat.
show & tell
Heatherette Sponsors Up the Class FactorAn army of writers, reporters, and bloggers is chronicling Fashion Week. Here are a few things we learned from them:
• Of course K-Y chose the Heatherette after-party to introduce its new lubricant, “Intrigue.” [Heard on the Runway/WSJ]
• For the rest of this week, the Payless on Fifth and 39th has the Abaeté for Payless shoes that showed on Monday. [Fashionista]
• If Ashley Olsen is in New York this week, so far she’s skipping Fashion Week. [PopSugar]
• Can’t find Proenza Schouler on Target’s Website? You can bet it’s on eBay. [FlyPaper]
• Who are the Top Ten New Faces at Fashion Week? So far, we know three. [Of the Minute]
• Could Diane von Furstenberg have scuttled out of that CFDA panel on models’ health any faster? [Off the Runway]
three is a trend
Au Naturel on the Runways
Fall’s faces are blank. Don’t expect dark eyes or deep lips the biggest shows so far went for natural looks. Lacoste and Yeohlee showed bare eyes, while Erin Fetherston’s girls sported softly flushed cheeks. A few shows offered slight splashes of color like the rose-hued lips at Abaete and Twinkle’s lightly violet eyes. Combine this with the perfect pallor, and you’ll be right at home with your favorite MisShape.