These Ladies Fugging Love Cool JamesFor the second season in a row, John Varvatos debuted his new collection at the very top of 7 World Trade Center, which boasts a spectacular view of Manhattan and a moving perspective on ground zero. Many of the guests were unable to keep up the usual routine of schmoozing with their fellow fashionistas, instead wandering over to the floor-to-ceiling windows to take a look.
Thom Browne’s Got a Cute New Friend• Thom Browne’s maybe-twink is cuter than all of our boyfriends put together. [Daily Intel]
• The early word from Baby Phat: shitshow. Stay tuned for Fuggish impressions. [Jezebel]
• Candace Bushnell’s Fashion Week has been rough. Maybe that’s why she looks so wounded. [Fashion Dish/NYDN]
• To celebrate the end of the taxi strike, Robin Givhan hits Saks’ Shoe Megaloporium for some proper heels. Alas, if only Chloé boots were made for women with regular calves. [Off the Runway/WP]
• We’re just going to throw some phrases around out there: Pete Wentz. Clothing line. Macy’s. God is dead. [StyleHive]
• Memo to YSL: What the hell are you guys doing with your new marketing campaign? It’s a really busy week; we don’t have time to wrap our heads around whatever you’re up to. [Fashion Inc.]
Five Things We Liked on Thursday
Throughout the week, New York’s Harriet Mays Powell and Amy Larocca are hitting the tents, reporting back to us daily with news of what’s catching their discerning eyes.